I just got finished scanning my crop of snapshots from the Drill. If anyone's interested, look to:
Nothing fancy, just a page of text with links to the individual pix. Here's the text:
X-DAY DRILL 1996
Brushwood Folklore Center
Sherman, New York
No stories here, just pix with commentary. I have a shitty camera that is literally held together by duct tape. You'll see.
* The Pagan Drummers were there and built a big sort of dome thing out of big branches. Pic of the dome and one of the big fields. Dig the pretty wildflowers - nice place, outstanding weather.
* Doktor DynaSoar arrives in the always-dying, never-dead Slackmobile.
* Upon arrival we found a sea of tents, and nary a place to camp. This situation was rectified in short order by Pope Phredrick Q. Armageddon, who managed to clear us a nice place by utilizing a hideous, unspeakable method which we won't go into here. Pic of Phred giving the "all-clear" sign.
* A bunch of people milling around and trying not to be the first to unload:
>From the left: Saint Andrew (sitting in the dark); QRoLaren; Mr. Lurch; John
"Talysman" Laviolette; Pope Lou Duchez; and Rev. Pee Kitty.
* The same bunch of people milling around, this time staying outside the Schwartzchild Radius of Pee Kitty's socks. Note the Dobbs shorts on Q.
* Mr. Lurch somehow causes a nice table to materialize out of thin air. From the left: QRoLaren's leg encased in "Bob" boxers; more rare footage of the reclusive Saint Andrew; Mr. Lurch; and the soon-to-be blood-smeared Talysman.
* Reverend Mutha TarlaStar and Possibly Pontifette MegaLiz pause for a little cheesecake. Plants wither at their feet.
* The Swingin' Love Corpses engage in a little freeform Anti-Music as Jesus chills in the background, searching for Souls.
* The Swingin' Love Corpses a bit later that night, with the excellent addition of Rev. Psychotronic Radionic 24/7 on the conga. Special guest appearance of the back of Otto J. Maleka's head.
* Blackmail time! A never-still Rev. Ivan Stang breates Rev. K'taden Legume for spending waaaaay too much time in the Prarie Squid Tent and not letting anyone else get in on the action. Bogart!
* Doktor DynaSoar chills out after his outstanding performance with Steve Slack, singing "Bob"ified versions of '60s oldies.
* Yours Truly after TarlaStar hit me with the 'Frop injector. Lurch keeps an eye on things lest they get out of hand. Tarla discreetly tucks away the Third Nipple(TM).
Back to document index
Original file name: Rev. Jack's Drill pix
This file was converted with TextToHTML - (c) Logic n.v.