From: Charles Edward Maise <gt5878b@cad.gatech.edu>
Subject: Evil Chinese Jerks at it again
To: Subgenius@mc.lcs.mit.edu
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1993 11:53:51 -0400 (EDT)

This gem courtesy of the Weekly World News, April 20, 1993.

[The guys in the story are obviously in on the joke, but the
WWN is reporting it as a serious news story. Well, as serious
as anything in the WWN is. I tell you, that rag has one of the
highest slack/paper pulp ratios I've ever seen.]

AMERICANS TO STOP CHINESE FROM KNOCKING EARTH OUT OF ORBIT!
Jersey Jumpers will lead the way - but they need your help!

By Jack Alexander
Staff Writer

The guys at a New Jersey bar are calling on millions of loyal Americans
to join them in stomping out another stupid Chinese plot to knock the
Earth out of orbit!

"Youd think those crazy Chinese would learn by now they haven't got a
chance in hell of doing their dirty work as long as patriotic Americans
stand up to them," Tim O'Malley, manager of Oaklyn Manor Bar in Oaklyn,
N.J. told Weekly World News.

Less than two years ago, world leaders discovered that 1.3 billion Chinese
planned to jolt the Earth out of orbit and send it sailing off into space -
by jumping up and down at the same time.

The plan was clearly suicidal. When the Earth sailed away from the sun,
the Chinese would have frozen to death just like the rest of us. But a
counter stomp by O'Malley and 13 of his customers, along with millions of
other loyal Americans, foiled the Chinese threat and saved the world on
Sept. 21, 1991.

Now, renowned Chinese affairs expert Dr. Henk de Vries reports that the
Commies are planning another synchronized jump on April 27 at exactly 6:35
p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

"It's hard to imagine, but China's leaders are determined to destroy
mankind," Dr. de Vries said.

"Their dreams of conquering the world in the name of Communism are lost,
and they've taken the position 'if we can't have it, nobody can.' I know
it sounds fantastic - but the threat is real."

China's dictators will use the state-controlled radio network to order the
country's entire population to jump up and down at the same time, as they
did in 1991. Those who ignore the order could be put to death.

O'Malley's bar buddies are planning another counter jump, and they want
patriotic Americans from all parts of this great land to join them in
battling the Commie threat.

"We're all revved up and ready to show those evil Chinese jerks once again
that they can't mess with the good old U.S. of A.," said bar manager Jack
Farkas.

"We stomped them before, by God, and now it's time for all Americans to
stand up and be counted again."

The men at the Pittsfield, Mass., Fire Department have assured the NEWS
they will also execute a counter jump to save the world.

"Being emergency responders we are well aware of the consequences humanity
would face if the Chinese succeed. They must be stopped," firefighter
Sergio Demo said.

[End Quote]

Think we could get the WWN to cover something like, say, "Computer Nerds
Foil Satan and Fulfil a Dying Boy's Dream" ?

Eddie Maise gt5878b@cad.gatech.edu Serving Donuts on Another Planet