The HOUR OF SLACK EXCERPTS:
524, 525, 526, 527, 528, 529, 531
- Legal Documents Guy (kook calls left on NORML phone machine in a city that shall go unnamed)
- Stang short rap on The New Art Goal of the Church -- The Way of $$
- KPFA Berkeley Sub-show ('86!) and misc. media barrage re: Millionairres, $ (Dr. Howll and Puzzling Evidence, Glassmadness, Gary G'Broagfran)
- Legal Documents Guy
- THE KLINGONS: "Illuminati Party" (Rev. Nancy Darnell & Rocking Wanke from Berlin) (EXCELLENT mix, though it may sound creepy here)
(Rerun; originally #253)
- Vietnamese Mess Apology by Stang after his "little prank" in a previous show
- Devo - "It Doesn't Matter to Me"
- Stangrap-"Divide the Money"
- KPFA Berkeley, More Than An Hour, Less THan A Show show
- Basket Case II clip -- "Freaks Vs. Normals" rant
- Hermanos Guzanos "Dance like a Freak"
(Rerun; originally #301)
- Negativland Commercials
- Dr. Timothy Leary's Hour of Slack promo
- Predator II clip -- "Bob"
- Dr. G. Gordon Gordon -- "I feel NOTHING, Dobbs"
- KPFA Intro (March '88 w/ Stang, Puz-Ev, Dr. Howll)
- Rap "Dobbs Plus Version 6.04" (writ by Paul Mavrides; read by Stanky)
- Chris Gross version, Prescriptures
- Predator II, "Dread"
- "Bob" Dobbs Plus-7" (Vreedeez script de Stang)
- More KPFA w/Stang
- Brainlash on Slack
- Zappa - "Purple Haze"
- Jimi Hendrix & Buddy Miles horsing around goofily (Band of Gypsies
- Rev. Velveteen Sly's "BOBOB"
- Negativland SEX DIRT CD, cut 3 (Weatherman spews "BOB" fx)
- "Magic Carpet Ride" clip
- HOUR OF SLACK TITLE (Bleepo Abernathy Standard Version)
- Nick Nolin "Can't bring God down" clip
- Bill T. Miller "YOU RANG" open
- Negativland "Big 10-8 Place" clip w/ SEX DIRT clip
- Rev. Susie the Floozie "Bob's" SlackTime FunHouse intro from "Yard Sale" show
- Stang short rant: "Tomorrow & tomorrow and tomorrow" Sub-style w/Sex Dirt
and Puz-Ev rug
- PAPA JOE MAMA sermon: "THE SMIRK OF "BOB"" (re: how the other world
religions are richer than us in all but Slack, ends with "Slack is not for
- Stang- credits, what's coming up, the other SubGenius shows, Negativland
address, Quickie Stang take-off mix on "We're Moving to Concord", thanks to
the stations and new listeners on the EVIL INTERNET...
- "YOU RANG" HELL excerpt
(GOOD accidental cut to:
- ESO Radio, WCSB -- Stang tortures Lonesome Cowboy Dave on "THE WEB" of the
Great Mother Spider (grabbed from HoS 484, The Web show) "This isn't
Satanic, when we worship the Great Spider at the center of the Web... we
just want you to have FUN! We may nurse at the information teat of the
Great Spider of the sticky sticky Web... Princess Wei rips the wax mask
off Chas while he plays his massive organ.
- "YOU RANG" excerpt "One last chance... that's all you have. No escaping my
eyes..." Stang credits King of Slack, 1-617-LICK-OBE
- Stang blabber, "We gotta save a million souls by X-Day -- X-Day Drill
promo, SubGenius hotline, 216-556-0338 (w/ bad Mozart moog stuff from
Nenslo in bg) plus illegal ad for Dial-A-Dobbs, 1-900-990-5085 ext. 324
- Stang reads news articles: "Teen Bloodlust Militia Murders in Florida
(gang leader named God)," reading excerpts from "The Unabomber for
President" anti-Con anti-media rant (by www.paranoia.com), (w/ Drs. 4 "Bob"
"Can't Hide" instrumental bg) "New biggest meat-eating dinosaur discovery:
Giganotosaurus Carolinii, bigger than T-Rex" (w/ inspiring bad bg music off
Nenslo collection) and some blabber about the great beast... probably a
scavenger, like the SubGenius...
- Papa Joe Mama rant: "The Last Chance" (the last half)
- KPFA Howll/Wellman Berkeley Show -- Caller Possesed by Demons.
- Pope David N. Meyer -- "Conspiracy Democracy - A Joke?"
- QuickSilver Messenger Service -- "Hope"
- Rev. Janor Hypercleats -- Hate Rant: "Mr. Just His Way"
- #529-A The Internet Show!
- Stang reads NENSLO poem, "DUMBSHIT CORNER" (changed to Dumb-Ass Corner) (with music, "Have a Happy Heart")
- "POKE YOU IN THE EYE" great voice-collage by Head and Leg (on Seeland Records)
- Stang credits Head & Leg, address. Yak about TrueSpeech and the Evil Internet... checks to see what awful Nenslo-selected badmusic is playing in bg...
- Dr. Bizarro, THE BIG MACHINE rock opera (Edited) Stang blabs about our fight against The Big Machine... not like militias; we're just trying to keep that ONE KID who'll grow up to invent that cure for cancer or world peace plan, from killing itself.
- Rev. Lou Duchez - Symphoflatulation version of "Green Acres Theme." Stang: You can take away their electric guitars, their equipment, put 'em in jail... the SubGenius still has its armpit."
- PAPA JOE MAMA rant, "THE DEAL WITH DOBBS"
- #531 PRAIRIE SQUID
- Actually a revised Hour of Slack #40, the olden classic in which Dr. G. Gordon Gordon and Rev. Stang delve into the biological, philosophical and sexual aspects of that fecund land mollusk, the Prairie Squid. This excerpt will 'give you the idea'... you can take it from there.
BACK TO INDEX
BACK TO HOUR OF SLACK TRUESPEECH PAGE