John F. Winston's "Man Who Contacted The Space People."

Subject: The Book. Dec. 30, 1997.

Yogi and I just got back from Reno, Nevada and boy are we tired. Yogi
found yet another type of dog that he doesn't like. Now that Yogi had
his operators he no longer is interested in girl dogs. This weekend
he had to spend some time around a 7 months old golden retriever, female
dog. Yogi doesn't have much against any dog but this one was hiper
active dog, that wanted to play with him and kiss him all the time.
After about 2 seconds he had enough and proceeded growl the rest of the
time. This dog looked and acted like the Lab dog that is on the TV show
called Third Rock From The Sun. This dog in the show is noted for his
friendliness and his grabbing the lady's leg in a very friendly fashion.
I'm thinking of changing Yogi's name to Grumpy The Telepathic Dog.

While I was in Reno, as I normally do, I went over and to The Silver
Sage Bookstore, that has Motivational, Metaphysical and etc. books.
They are at 1557 So. Virginia, Reno, Nevada 89502 * (702) 348-0022.
While there I talked to two ladies, one of which is Patricia Ash-Gross.
I looked around for some books and found a small book and wondered how
I had never heard of the book before. Here is what it said. This
next information will be a person by the name of Reinhold O. Schmidt



My life was a normal one, by average world standards, until November
5, 1957. At that time an experience took place which I never dreamed
would happen to me. I was born on February 16, 1897, in Kenesaw,
Nebraska, of German-American parents. However, my home and business are
now in Bakersfield, California. My daughter and her family live in
Livermore, California, and my two sons who are also married, live in
Woreland, Wyoming. As a salesman and a grain-buyer, I have spent much
time traveling for a Brawley, California firm whose operations also
extend to corn-picking and shelling in Wilcox, Arizona. However, my
travels have taken me mainly to the middle west, in negotiations with
grain-growing farmers. Perhaps all my excursions had something to do
with my being contacted by beings from another planet, for certainly
there would not have been a similar opportunity if I had worked at a
regular office job.

Many of you will believe, and others will laugh at, my claims of
these contacts. Especially fantastic to some people is the fact that
I was subsequently taken for rides in their space craft. Not only are
these things true, but also, these wonderful people from another world
have taught me more about our own planet Earth than I could possibly
have learned through the usual channels of books, newspapers, radio and
My experiences since 1957 are recorded in the Congressional records of
the United States. It may surprise you to know that the Pentagon in
Washington, D. C., there are five offices with a personnel of twenty-five
men and women who work exclusively on reports concerning Unidentified
Flying Objects and allied subjects.

Since my first contact with a space ship and its six occupants from
another planet, I have lectured all over the United States and Canada.
Before that unexpected encounter, I had never been a "Flying Saucer" fan.
I had, however, heard and read of people who claimed personal contact
with space beings. My reaction was: maybe they're true; maybe not. I
kept an open mind. But I had always been a man who kept his feet on solid
ground, with little time for delving into subjects that were out of the
ordinary. happened to ME!

The Kearney Incident

On a misty November 5, 1957, I finished my work about 2:30 p.m. It
had been a busy day of inspecting fields of milo and corn a few miles
from Kearney, Nebraska, which is about thirty miles from Kenesaw,
my birthplace. (incidentally, Kearney is the exact center of the
United States, being just 1,733 miles from both San Francisco and
Boston.) I was driving near an old sand bed on the Platte River, and
close by was an abandoned farm house. It seemed like a good place to
turn my car around but, as I started to do so, there was a brilliant
flash of light a short distance ahead. I drove on to investigate what
I thought might be someone blasting trees, although I had heard no
noise. Within a hundred feet of the river bank my car engine suddenly
stopped. I turned the ignition off and on several times, thinking
that perhaps the battery had gone dead or that maybe the rough road had
jiggled some wiring loose. As I started to get out of the car to check
the engine, I noticed something ahead that appeared to be a large,
half-inflated balloon. When I walked toward it, skirting a clump of
willow trees and tall grass, it was obvious that it was not a balloon,
but great, silvery craft which seemed to be made of some kind of metal,
such as polished steel or aluminum. It was resting on what I later
found out to be four hydraulic rams serving as landing gear, but it
looked like some sort of balloon more than anything else.

As I came within about thirty feet of it a thin stream of light,
about as big around as a pencil, shot out from it and hit me across the
chest. It seemed as if I were suddenly paralyzed; I could not move.
Maybe I was only scared stiff but, before I could analyze my feelings, a
door in the ship slid open and two men came out of it toward me. They
asked if I were armed and, although I said no, they frisked me anyway,
but they took nothing from me.

After regaining some of my composure and discovering that I could
move again, I asked them what they were doing here, what kind of craft
they had there, and where they were from. One of the men did the
talking. He was evidently the leader and I shall refer to him hereafter
as Mr. X. He spoke English with a German accent and said that they
couldn't answer those particular questions at that time. However,
when I asked to come closer in order to see the ship, Mr. X invited me
aboard since, he said, they couldn't leave for a few minutes anyway. He
said that I could look around inside but not to touch anything.

Inside The Ship

Besides the leader, there were three men and two women
in the ship. The women were sitting behind a
big desk on which there was a large frame which enclosed
what looked like a viewing screen At the same
end of the ship were four columns of colored liquid:
red, green, blue and orange. These tubes were approximately
4 and one half feet high and 6 inches in diameter. The
ladies seemed to be watching the liquid very closely
as it moved slowly up and own, like the pistons in an
automobile. The three men were working on an instrument
panel that filled one side of the room I saw one
of them clipped off some short wires. The panel was filled
with clocks, dials, buttons and switches. In the center
was a large screen which looked like our television
screens, but it was not working while I was there.

The walls of the ship were about a foot thick and
looked glassy. Oddly enough, I could see through them
...the sky, the surrounding scenery, even the weeds
and brush beneath us were visible! But, I remembered,
looking at the ship from the outside it seemed to be
made of solid piece of metal. There were no portholes
or windows. The only opening was the doorway.

All of these people had dark hair and what looked
like sun-tanned skin. The men were about five-feet-
eight inches tall and weighed about 170 pounds. I
guessed the ladies' weight at about 120 pounds, and
they were about the same height as the men. They
wore light-colored blouses, dark shirts and shoes with
medium heels. Both the men's and women's clothing
were similar to what we find here on our streets.
Any one of them could have walked unnoticed among
our people.

The instrument panel had no name or identification
which might have disclosed the place of manufacture,
but I did notice some Arabic numerals and some Roman
numerals on it. However, there were no other figures
or letters on any kind on either the inside or the
outside of the ship.

Another thing that fascinated me was the way the
crewmen glided, instead of walking, across the floor
when they stepped back from the instrument panels!
It seemed as though they were on a moving sidewalk,
although I saw no moving parts .... and when I tried
it, it didn't work! I wondered if hey had something
special on their shoes.

When these people spoke among themselves they
used high German, which I happen to understand, as
I graduated from a school in which both German and
English were taught. I could speak read and write
German at the time, and I still speak and understand
it fairly well. But these people all spoke to me in
English with a German accent.

Mr. X asked me if I knew anything about the United
States' satellite program. When I replied that I did not,
he said, "They're planning to send up some satellites,
but the first two will never leave the ground. The third
will go up, but it won't send back data."

This prophecy has since proved true. The results of
those flight were printed in newspapers all over the

After I had been inside the ship for about half an
hour, one of the men who had been working on the
panel said to another, " "Wir sind fertig," which means
"We are finished." Mr. X said to me, "You will have to
leave now." I was relieved to hear that because, frankly,
I had been a little bit concerned about ever getting off
that ship again!

As I stepped onto the ground, the motor started. It
sounded like a large electrical one, and it became
quieter as it worked up momentum. It ran a few seconds
and then the ship took off...straight up in the air!
About 12 feet off the ground it turned pitch black. Then
at about 100 feet it turned a bluish-green and headed
southwest. There was a brilliant flash, and then the
ship absolutely disappeared before my eyes! I
estimated the ceiling of the clouds that day to be only about
800 feet, but the ship had vanished at about 150 feet.
A county official told me later that the craft had stalled
a tractor, two cars, and a large truck..all of which
had been beneath the path of the ship during its takeoff.

During my first visit aboard the strange craft I had
been told not to try to start my car until the ship was out
of sight, and that an attempt to do so would be unsuccessful.
Now I realized why my car had stalled earlierwhen I first
approached the ship.

Source Of Information: The Reinhold O. Schmidt Story. Cosmic
Secrets Exposed. Edge of Tomorrow. The True Account of Experiences
With Visitors From Another Planet.

Part 1.

John Winston.

Subject: The Book. Part 2. Dec. 30, 1997.

While in the bookstore I bought me a rose quarts crystal. I figured
that soon I will go through the procedure of getting it in a condition
so I can do some good work with it. One of the ladies had stated that
she had just come back from Mt. Shasta. She had been to Panther
Meadows and had seen some unusual things but couldn't seen to remember
the name of the older gentleman that I had told her about. I told her
again that his name is Gabriel and that when I had asked his first name
he had said, after thinking for a second or two, that it was Peter. So
Peter Gabriel turns out to be the same name as a singer from England.
Many people around the area don't take Gabriel very seriously and
think he is just a joke but I usually can get some good information
from such people. I guess one of the reasons they don't think very
seriously about him is that he comes out with some pretty weird things.
He first told me that he was from Maldek. I responded with the fact
that the Meteorite Belt is the part that was left when that planet in
our solar system was blown up. He topped that with the statement
that he was the one that pushed the button that blew up the planet.
He claimed to be a interdimensional being. I couldn't let him get
the best of me and stated that I knew a present incarnation of
Lucifer and he was living in southern Calif. and working for the forces
of the light. Gabriel then said that Lucifer was working for the
light now. I might add that
Gabriel is not, as far as I know, the archangel Gabriel but he does
have a horn that he does blow in on occasions.

Now back to the book.


A Matter Of Record

It was about 3:15 p.m. when I returned to my car.
I turned around and headed for Kearney. Suddenly, the
significance of my experience hit me full force. I shook
so violently that I had to stop the car and try to pull
myself together. Should I report what had happened or
just keep quiet about it? I was afraid that no one would
believe me and that I might even lose my job. Then
I remembered both a radio and a television announcement
that the government wanted volunteer skywatchers
to report Unidentified Flying Objects. I decided that it
was my duty as a citizen to report the whole thing.

First, I went to my minister's home to tell him about
it and to ask his advice. He wasn't in. Then I drove to
the Kearney police station and asked to see the Sheriff,
but he was on vacation. The desk clerk called the
Deputy Sheriff at the courthouse and made an appointment
for me to meet him there.

When I finished telling him everything that had happened
that afternoon, he said, "Let's get out there." We
went in his car. On the way he remarked, "This is
quite a coincidence. Did you hear the siren blow at
noon today?"

"Yes," I said, "I was in my hotel room and thought
there was a fire."

"No," he replied, "someone called and reported a
strange object in the sky, moving toward Kearney."

When we reached the place where I had seen the ship,
we saw imprints of the four hydraulic rams on the dry
bed of the Platte River. We also noticed some oil was
a dark green color, fine textured and sweet smelling.
However, I could not be positive that it had come from
the ship.

I suggested to the deputy that we rope off the area
and post some guards, but he felt that other officials
should first have a chance to investigate the matter.

When we returned to Kearney, he reported everything
to the Chief of Police. The Chief asked me to
accompany him to the site and also requested that the
City Attorney and a reporter from the local newspaper
go along, too. The next time we went out to the area
of the strange ship's landing, the five of us drove in a
police car with the siren going full blast all the way!

Everyone saw the imprints of the craft and the oil
in the sand, and all agreed that there had been some
kind of a large object there which had made the impressions.
The deputy and I stepped off the distance between
the prints and we estimated that the ship had
been about 100 feet long and 30 feet wide. I guessed its
height to be about 14 feet.

When I suggested again that we rope off the area
and report to someone in higher authority, they said
it would not be necessary since all five of us were
convinced that a large ship had landed there.

We gathered some of the greenish oil in a small
mustard glass which we found on the river bank. The
Chief of Police said he would have it tested. Then we
drove back to town and they dropped me off at the
Fort Kearney Hotel, where I was staying.

At last, I thought, I've done my duty...told them
everything that happened. Now I can relax. (Little did
I realize that this was only the beginning of chain of
circumstances which made me almost regret that I had
reported the occurrence. Yet, it was to lead to some
of the most incredible experiences of my life.) I sat down
in the lobby to watch television. Shortly, the local program
was cut off for a special news flash: "SPACESHIP
LANDS AT KEARNEY, NEBRASKA!! I was very much surprised
because nothing had been said to me about
making an announcement over the air. In fact, I had
not even referred the object as spaceship, because
I didn't know what it was. I thought that perhaps it
might have come from Russia, and that it was manned
by a crew of German scientists getting data on the first
Russian Sputnik which had been launched about a week

Within a half hour or so the Chief of Police called
me to ask if I would come over and help answer the
deluge of telephone calls. He was swamped! Reporters,
photographers, citizens and officials were all asking
for information. When I got to the police station, the
Chief turned his office over to me. There were two
telephones which rang incessantly and I did my best
to handle them. The Chief took calls in the outer office.

There was absolute bedlam for about sixteen hours!
Photographers and newsmen came in from surrounding
cities and even form other states. At 9:00 p.m. the Chief
of Police and I were interviewed on a local radio station,
and at 10:00 a.m. we appeared on a local TV station.
These programs were also released on national radio
and TV networks.

The crowds of curious and interested people who
flocked to Kearney caused a traffic jam for blocks
around the police station. Inside there was "standing
room only."

During the night I made several trips with various
officials to the ship's landing area. The last time was at
3:00 a.m. and even at that hour, there were about thirty
cars there, and groups of people were milling around.
There was much activity there all night long.

The Whole Story Changes

Back at the police station we were answering
phone calls and trying to keep a semblance of order.
I was pretty tired after the long day of unusual events,
but I had become aware of change in the manner of
the officials as they discussed my experience. Not only
that, but the story they were now telling no longer
sounded the same at all!

Suddenly, about 6:00 a.m. they asked me to say that
my experience had not happened at all, and that it
was a lie! They even asked that I change my story to
match theirs! I was dumbfounded at this turn of events.
I told them that they could tell whatever story they
wanted to, but that I would not change mine unless the
truth would jeopardize the security of the United States
They had no answer for that!

Then the Chief of Police asked me if I would submit
to a test on the lie-detector.

"Not now," I said. "I'm hoarse from talking for sixteen
hours and I'm very tired. However, I will take a test
after I have had a few hours of rest...if the other
fellows will take one, too!"

There was no reply! When I indicated that I wanted
to go back to my hotel room to get some sleep, the
Chief of Police said that I couldn't because they were
going to hold me. "For what reason?" I asked. They
didn't know, they said, but they were just going to hold
me, and they did.

To Jail Without a Warrant

Finally, I was allowed to go to bed...but it was in
a cell in jail. In Kearney, the police station, the jail and
the firehouse are all combined in one unit. So I had
merely walked from the police station over to a cell in
the jail, accompanied by an officer. I was not handcuffed,
however, and at all times they were courteous
in their dealing with me, although I was jailed without
a warrant.

When I got up a few hours later, I told them I was
ready to take the lie-detector test, but they said then
that it wouldn't be necessary. Later, while discussing the
situation with Major Wayne Aho, he told me that I
had been completely within my right to refuse to take
a test while I was in a state of fatigue, stain and
hunger. However, I am still willing to take the test if
the Kearney officials will do the same. So far, there
have been no takers!

JW I guess most of you know that Wayne Aho is a person who
had some experiences with a UFO himself. For many years he
had a group of people who believed like he did and they
lived in Merlin, Oregon. The last time I saw anything about
him, he was interviewed about his experiences while he was
sitting in a rocking chair on the front steps of his house.
At the time he was getting very old and could hardly talk.
I have great respect for Wayne Aho and so did my teacher
Merelle Fagot.

Part 2.

John Winston.

Subject: The Book And Yogi Is Out Of The Woods. Part 3.
Dec. 31, 1997.

As all sentient beings know on this planet Yogi The Telepathic Dog had
an altercation over the territorial imperative a few weeks ago. He
sustained three punctures, one in his back leg, one in the top of his
back and the last one was a one and one half inch gash in his side.
You could see inside of him on that one. He did bleed from
the side both blood and water. His urine was also the same. For days
I would go in and shake him to see if he was still alive. Then he
started licking the wounds for quite a while. Finally it healed
completely and Yog (short for Yogi) is getting around like a normal
12 year old dog.
My accident near the same time gave me a possible cracked rib and
torn muscle. I healing Ok but it will probably take me a total of
4 months to completely heal. I can now do everything except play the
violin but then I couldn't play it before the accident in an acceptable
manner anyway.

Now back to the book.


About 10 o'clock that same morning, the County
Attorney came to see me. He said that they had
evidence which proved that my experience was untrue and
that I might just as well make up my mind to say so!
He had with him two oil cans, one of which was found
within a few feet of the spot where the ship "supposedly
The other can, open and half full, was of the
same lot number and, he said, was found in the trunk of
my car with the can opener beside it! Now who would
leave an uncovered can half full of oil, standing in the
trunk of his car?

I told him he would have to think of a better one
than that. Either he or I could not see, or else all the
officials of Kearney were blind, as well as five or six
hundred other people who had walked up and down
the river bed all the previous afternoon and night. The
first oil can was supposed to have been found just that
morning, within a few feet of the place where the ship
had been standing." I suggested that the fingerprints
be taken off the cans that were found but, as far as I
know, nothing was ever done about them.

I seemed to me that the County Attorney looked a bit
sheepish. I brought to his attention the fact that the cans
which he had showed circular holes, and that the can
opener I carried in my car cut a triangular hole. Also,
the two cans in question were the Veedol brand. The
oil cans I carried then, (which are in my car), are
RPM and Skeiiy (JW Sp?). A local radio announcer told me
subsequently that the Veedol Company had announced that
they sold more than five thousand cans of oil a day, and
they wanted the public to know that their oil did not
smell! Later, I discovered that some of the oil had been
poured out into the trunk of my car and over my laundry.

Two Air Force officials had arrived in Kearney during
the night from Colorado. The next morning about eleven
o'clock, November 6th, I was taken over to the police
station to talk with them. They recorded my whole
experience on a tape as I told it to them. During this
session, one of the Kearney officials happened to wonder
out loud just how the ship could go straight up when
it took off. One of the Air Force men forgot himself for
a moment and admitted, "Oh, we know all about that."

Soon after that meeting, some of the local officials
went back on radio and television and announced that
my experience was a hoax. I was confined to jail again
and was allowed no telephone calls or outside contacts.
I was told sometime later that my employer had tried to
reach me for three successive days, via person-to-person
calls, but to no avail.

On November 7th, two days after my encounter with
the ship, it was suggested that I have a mental test.
I asked permission to call by brothers so that they could
bring me an attorney, but my request was denied.

"We have good attorneys here in Kearney." I was
told. Running through a list of attorneys in the phone
book, an official pointed to one and said, "Here's a
good fellow." They called him in and I found out that
he was the Assistant City Attorney. His first words to
me were, "We don't believe your story and we want
you to change it!" (And this was the person they wanted
to "defend" me!)

"Well I have news for you," I said to him. "If that's
the way you feel, I don't want you for my lawyer!"
The following day it was announced in the paper that
I had an attorney of my own choice!

(JW The book then has a sketch made of the internal and
external parts of the ship.)

In A Mental Hospital

About eleven o'clock that same night, November 7th,
I was called to a meeting of a mental-hearing board,
consisting of the Chief of Police, the County Attorney, the
District Court Clerk, the Deputy Sheriff, and a doctor.
The meeting was held behind locked doors in a room
above the fire department. (A local radio announcer
heard about the meeting and wanted to attend, but he
could get no information from anyone until it was all
over. Then he had to glean what he could from a policeman
who had not even been there)

The doctor asked me three questions at the hearing:

1. "How do you feel about the people of Kearney,

I assured him that I had no hard feeling toward

2. "Do you still maintain that you saw that ship?"
I told him I certainly did.

3. "Are you willing to go to a mental hospital and take
some tests?

I told him no, I didn't not wish to go to the hospital,
but if they insisted on my going, they would have to pay
the bill!

About fifteen minutes later I was on the way to the
hospital in Hastings, Nebraska, accompanied by the
Chief of Police, The County Attorney and the Deputy
Sheriff. They kidded me about the nice rest I was going
to have with lots of pretty nurses around!

"Well fellows," I said, "you can have your fun now
I'll have mine later."

I was admitted immediately. The didn't waste any

During my stay in jail an item had been printed in
the local paper to the effect that my wife and my brother
had had me committed to a mental hospital. This
was entirely untrue, and my family demanded, and got,
an immediate retraction.

One of the officials had called my brothers, one in
Hastings, and the other in Grand Island, and had told
them that I was a suicidal risk, and that my tie, belt
and shoe strings had been removed from my cell. There
was absolutely truth in these statements As for shoe
strings, I had been wearing boots which had no strings
at all. Not one thing was removed from my cell, not
even my razor.

My brothers were also told that I had been smoking
marijuana! The truth of the matter is that I do not smoke
at all. I have never been a smoker.

Both of my brothers said they couldn't figure how I
could have gotten "mentally ill" so fast, since I was
perfectly all right when I had dinner with them and
their families the previous Sunday.

The officer then admitted that there were no grounds
for holding me, and suggested that they (my brother)
bring an attorney and a sheriff, and commit me to the
mental hospital themselves!

My brothers refused to do this, on the advice of their
attorney. He said that he had been following the case
all along and that it had gotten too big for the authorities
to handle and now they wanted to wash their
hands of me and the whole thing. "Besides," he added,
"if you commit Smitty, the responsibility for such an
error will be on you heads. And if I know Smitty, he'll
get out this all right."

About ten o'clock the first morning of my stay in the
hospital, I appeared before a panel of about thirty
people, consisting of doctors, nurses and other staff
members. After answering questions for twenty minutes,
I was invited to ask any questions that I might
care to. But I had none to ask. Then I was excused from
the session.

I went to the recreation room to watch television. The
doctor who was assigned to me came in a little later and
asked why I thought I was sent to the hospital. "I don't
know," I said. "It wasn't my idea in the first place." He
said they would have to give me some tests, and I
said I thought that was the general reason for my being
there. Thereafter, for almost two weeks they tested me

During the second week they did an encephalogram, a
test made on a machine which records brain waves. Four
days later the same test was repeated. Then I learned
that the charts had been so regular that they had thought
something was wrong with the machine.

About the twelfth or thirteenth day I appeared before
the board again. The hospital superintendant asked if
they wanted to question me further. Only one person had
a question. It was: "What would you say if we kept you
here for a year or two and gave you treatments?"

I replied, "I think you doctors are smarter than that.
You know very well that I don't need any treatments."

The same day my employer from Brawley, California
came to the hospital to see me. Since he had been
unable to reach me by phone, after three days of trying,
he had finally decided to fly there to find out what was
going on. In the hospital, as in jail, I had not been
permitted to make any telephone calls, unfortunately for
my business activities.

Major Wayne Aho, Ret., director of a civilian UFO
research group call Washington Saucer Intelligence,
told me later that they had called me at the hospital and
had been told that "We have to protect Reinhold Schmidt
from the public, and the public from him!"

My boss vouched for my sanity and stability. My Los
Angeles employer sent an affidavit to the hospital,
vouching for my business judgement and my honesty, and
stating that, in all the time I had bought thousands of
dollars worth of grain for his company, there had never
been any reason to doubt my ability or question my

I was released for the hospital that day. In all
fairness, I must say that on the whole, my stay there was
not too unpleasant. They gave me a private room, and
I got along well with the nurses and doctors...except
for one psychiatrist.

One morning he had come to talk with me. "I'm
going to ask you some questions," he said, "and I want
you to answer with the first thing that comes into your
mind, whether if answers the question or not."

"Who was smarter," he asked, "George Washington
or Abraham Lincoln?"

"I really don't know," I replied. " I wasn't even born

The next question was: "If you weren't a human being,
what would you rather be?"

"I'd rather be a psychiatrist!" I said.

With that he slammed his notebook shut. I asked if
there were any more questions.

"No," he said, "Our records don't stand up in court

Part 3.

John Winston.

Subject: The Book And Now We're Getting To The Good Part. Part 4.
Jan. 1, 1998.

Now we're going to find out where these people in the ship are from.

. ...................................................................

I Ride In A Spacehsip!

Since my first encounter with the people in the strange
metal ship, I have learned that they always keep their
word. During my first visit aboard their ship, they had
said that they would see me again. But I had not the
slightest thought of another contact with them as I
drove along a country road outside of Kearney, just
three months to the day after my first experience.

It was February 5, 1958. I had finished looking over
a field of grain near Elm Creek, and twenty miles
west of Kearney, and was on my way home. I was
driving about fifty miles per hour when suddenly my car
stopped as abruptly as if I had jammed on the brakes.
It was the same car I had been driving at the time of
my first experience, a 1955 Buick Super. Instantly my attention
was drawn to a large silvery object hovering
just inside the fence that edged the meadow at the side
of the highway. It looked just like the first ship that I had
seen and I thought, well here we go again! They've come

I parked my car and, as I walked towards the fence,
another car approached. There was a man, woman and
small child in it. They looked at me and I waved at them
to stop, hoping to have some witnesses, but hey hurried
by. I don't know whether they saw the ship or not.

As I climbed over the fence, the door of the ship
slid open and there was Mr. X!

"Greetings, Reinhold," he said in his pleasant voice.
"It is nice to see you again. We would like to talk with
you." Then he invited me aboard and offered to give me
a short ride since, he said, it would cause too much commotion
if they remained by the roadside to converse
with me.

You can imagine how intrigued I was with the prospect
of a ride in their craft! My mind was whirling with
a dozen thoughts...They even knew my name! But

Immediately after that the ship rose straight up in the air.
When we were about 150 to 200 feet in the air. Mr. X said,
"If any of your friends are watching now, they will not be
able to see the ship." Yet, again, I could see the entire
countryside through the walls.

I asked what power they used to propel their ship and
he said, "We get our power from the Sun and from the

Sitting in the ship was as comfortable as being in my
own living room. There w

People have often asked me why there aren't more
witnesses to a space ship landing? I have no pat answer,
but i feel sure that there are often more witnesses
than we may realize. It is certainly possible that others
saw the same ship which I first saw, because there were
hunters and construction workers in the vicinity. Maybe
they were afraid to speak of what they saw. A Kearney
radio announcer says he has a tape recording of two
local business men who testified that they heard some
unusual sounds while they were pheasant-hunting on
the afternoon of my contact. They said they believed the
sounds came from the ship. The announcer said, also,
that he checked with Lowry Air Force Base and learned
that there were no aircraft aloft on the afternoon of
November 5th, between 1:00 and 6:00 p.m., because of
low ceiling and hazardous flying conditions.

Another question which is frequently asked is why
the occupants of the ship spoke German? Perhaps they
knew that the inhabitants of Kearney, and most of Nebraska,
are largely German settlers. I don't know.
But I can tell you this: When my boss came to Kearney to
see me after my release from the hospital, he brought
with him a business associate from Mexico, a man who
was very much interested in my experience. He told me
that he had encountered a similar ship in Mexico. It, too,
carried four men and two women. But they spoke to
him in Spanish! We wondered whether it was the same
ship and crew which both of us saw.

Since that time I have learned that the Saturnians
speak any language and apparently, they use whatever
tongue is understood by those whom they contact! I
have not yet discovered their method of learning, but I
feel sure that many fascinatiing and enlightening things
are yet to be revealed.

An Answer To Question No. 2

Since my second meeting with Mr. X and his crew, I
had been wondering through what channels I would
find the answers to the three questions they asked of
me. During my travels I had been reaching out to various
sources in an attempt to find the answers when, on
April 5th, 1958, I had my first success in that direction.
You may remember that the second question referred to
the plane that crashed over the Pacific on the way
from San Francisco to Honolulu. My friends asked what
the plane was carrying, other than passengers.

Two newspaper articles were sent to me from NICAP
(National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena)
which pertained to the plane crash.

The first was a report from the Des Moines Register,
dated November 9, 1957.

"A large Straocruiser, enroute between San Francisco
and Honolulu, is reported missing after having
sighted mysterious blinking lights in the sky early
this morning. The last position given by the plane
was about 900-1000 miles northeast of Honolulu.
A military transport flying near the area reported
sighting similar mystery lights, blinking off and
on, 120 miles north of the last reported position
of the Stratocruiser after it had been reported
missing. A full scale sea and air search is in operation
with vain efforts to find the plane carrying a
crew of four, and thiry-six passengers, in the
event it might have plunged into the sea."

(Note: Later reports said 44 aboard.)

I wondered if the blinking lights might have been
Spaceships and, if so, whether they could have caused
an accident? Was that why my friends from the Spaceship
wanted to know about the cargo?

The other article was from the Associated Press, published
January 16, 1958, in the Omaha World Herald:

Radio-Active Cargo Fell - Mystery of Plane's
Crash Uusolved

"San Francisco, Cal. (A.P.) - The Pan American
Stratocruiser, Romance of the Skies, was carrying
shipments of chemicals and "radio-active" materials
when it crashed in the Pacific, killing all forty-four
persons aboard, a Civil Aeronautics Board hearing
was told Wednesday.

The huge airliner, bound from San Francisco to
Honolulu, mysteriously plunged into the ocean
about midway between the two points last Nov. 8th.

Only nineteen bodies were recovered.

The first witness before the seven-man hearing
panel was David L. Thompson, of CAB investigators,
who has spent the last two months seeking
clues from the wreckage.

Mr. Thompson said one thing certain was that the
plane had burned after it struck the water.

He said the plane carried a shipment of "Yellow
label sodium sulfite restricted cargo packed in
accordance with ICC regulations."

In addition," he said, "there was White Label
radio-active material aboard the plane."

Mr. Thompson offered no solution to one of the
prime mysteries of the tragedy - the riddle of why
crewmen were unable to send a distress message
in the twenty-three minutes from the time it last
gave a position to the time it struck water."

I wasn't sure that this information would completely
answer Mr. X's question, but it was as much as I was
able to find out about it and, certainly, it gave me
food for thought. Perhaps that was the purpose of
the questions in the first place. As far as numbers one
and three were concerned, they were questions which
anyone could well ponder. I have thought a great deal
about them. Also I talked with lots of people in the
course of my work, and was able to get opinions from
people in many works of life. I hoped that, when Mr.
X and I met again, the answers I had would be acceptable
to him.

(JW There was a picture of Reinhold with some actors and
it said the following.)



Part 5.

John Winston.

Subject: More Of The Book. Jan. 4, 1998.

Here is some more about the experiences of Reinhold Schmidt.
There is a person who is trying to obtain a video of the movie
called Edge Of Tomorrow. Maybe I'll get to look at it soon.
Here we go with what should be called part 6 but we'll call in
part one.


Mr. X Calls On Me!

In the latter part of April, 1958, Major Aho, John Otto
and I gave a lecture in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Afterwards,
several of us went to the hotel coffee shop to continue
our discussion while we had a bite to eat.

Suddenly I felt extremely hot, as if i were almost
suffocating. I excused myself and went outside for some
air. My attention was immediately drawn to a black MG
which was parked at the curb, and who should be sitting
in it but Mr. X and one of the ladies from the Spaceship!
After we greeted each other, Mr. X asked if I would like
to take a little ride with them. I told him I would be
delighted to and I got into the car.

We drove about six miles down the main highway,
then turned off the pavement onto a dirt road. There
ahead stood a big silver Spaceship! As we approached
it, a beam of light shot out form it. Mr. X dropped his
hands from the steering wheel, and the car was pulled
up the ramp, via the beam, into the ship.

We didn't have a flight this time but, instead,
remained aboard right there where the ship had landed.

For about two hours we talked. Mr. X very graciously
accepted the answers I gave him to the questions he had
asked. We discussed many things, including some
information which I do not yet have permission to reveal
publicly. However, I want to mention this contact as a
matter of record, and I look forward to the time when
I will be allowed to explain the reason for their visit at
that particular time.

..To The Arctic Circle

Part of June, 1958 I spent buying grain in Nebraska
and Colorado. While I was in Denver, Mr. X contacted
me again. He asked me if I would like to join him and
the rest of the crew in a flight to the Arctic Circle, sometime
in August. Would I lIKE to go! I would even skip my
work for awhile in order to go! When I asked why they
had chosen the arctic Circle, he said,

"Let's just say it's for an educational purpose."

The thought was fascinating and I looked forward to
the time with excited interest!

By the time August came along, my work had taken
me to the West Coast. It would be no problem for my
space friends to find me, since they could perceive my
whereabouts at any time, merely by tuning in to my
brain impulses.

I was living, for awhile, in a apartment in Hollywood,
California. On August 14th, there was a knock at my
door. I opened it to find Mr. X, good as his word. I
invited him in and we chatted for a few minutes.

Then he asked me if I could be ready by that evening
to leave for the Arctic Circle. I told him that I would have
to make a few phone calls and then I could meet him.
He suggested that I drive to my rock quarry off Highway
6, about forty miles north of Mojave. (Incidentally, my
Saturian friends were instrumental in my getting into
the quarry business. I have four quarries now, which
they pointed out to me and helped me to acquire. They
showed me how a valuable metal could be extracted
from the rocks of one of the quarries. This metal is
similar to that which the Saturians use in the
construction of their Spaceships. When certain improvements
in our social and economic systems have been made
which will qualify us to associate with those people
who have already learned how to work and live together
in peace and friendship, then we of Earth will be able
to use this metal in the construction of Spaceships in
which we also can visit other planets.

The quarry is in a desolate area and rather than
leave my new 1958 Buick car there, I asked Mr. X if
I should put it in a garage. But he said, "No, drive your
car out there and we will take it aboard the ship."

I wondered if the weight of the car, about two tons,
would be a problem, but he said that weight was not a
problem for them.

After finishing my telephone business, I drove out to
the quarry. The Spaceship was already there, and it was
larger than any I had seen before. It appeared to be
about 200 feet long, 40 feet wide, and 14 feet high. Except
for it larger size, it looked just like the ship I had
been aboard near Kearney.

There is a large galvanized steel tank, about 20 feet
in diameter, at the edge of the quarry. It was put
there by the government to supply water for deer and
cattle, and is fed by a nearby spring. The Saturnians
had drawn off half the water in the tank, about fourteen
or fifteen barrels. They needed it for use in their ship.

The moment I arrived, the ramp at the fore end of
the ship was lowered and I drove right up onto it. Then
it was raised up and into the ship, and off we went!
We left the quarry at 4:15 p.m....destination, North

We stopped in Greenland for about thirty minutes,
and Alaska, to check on some
mineral deposits. At one time during the flight, I asked
how fast the ship could go, and they said they could
give me a "fast ride." For a few minutes, according to
an instrument that looked like a speedometer, we went
40,000 miles per hour! Mr. X told me that the craft
could go much faster, but that we would overshoot our
destination if we went full speed at that time. There
was no vibration at all, and I could tell by the changing
appearance of the Earth below that we were really "up
in the blue wonder!" The Earth looked a fuzzy blue-
green, and was surrounded and almost abscured by
rings of silvery haze, similar to those we see around the
planet Saturn.

The Saturnian space craft was a versatile machine,
as I was soon to discover. It could be used not only for
space and atmospheric flight, but as a boat or a submarine,
on or under the water.
In just one hour and twenty minutes we were over
the Arctic Circle! Mr. X pointed out many things of interest.
I saw a place where there had once been ice-caps
over a thousand feet high. Today that area is water.
This reversal was caused by the blast of atomic bombs,
which so changed the atmosphere that the great ice-caps
began to melt. There have been many atmospheric
changes in a relatively short time. Because of these
changes some of our former vast frozen areas have now
become warm and tropical. The Arctic has been extremely
cold for thousands of years, but now it is beginning
to thawt had a kind of back seat which one lady sat in, while
the other one and Mr. X and I sat in front. The other
men remained in the ship.

Many people have asked me why the Saturians used
one of our Earth-made cars. Mr. X explained that their
vehicles could not be used here on Earth for, being
wheeless, they do not travel along the ground, they
hover and fly. I couldn't help wondering if our means
of transportation didn't seem as outmoded to the Space
People as horse and buggy carriages do to us! At least
by driving our cars they manage to get around and not
to attract unwanted attention to themselves.

Part 3.

John Winston.

Subject: More Of The Book And The Great Pyramid. Part 4.
Jan. 9, 1998.

This part deals with what they found inside of the spaceship
that was in the Great Pyramid area.


When we reached the parking area near the Great
Pyramid, I noticed a number of small foreign cars. There
were, apparently, may tourists visiting that day. I don't
know whether or not there is an admission fee. If any
of my friends paid, I didn't notice. I was too busy being
impressed with this great "Wonder of the World,"
which covers more that thirteen acres. Each baseline of
the Pyramid is 750 feet long, and it is 480 feet high,
it is constructed of huge yellow limestone blocks, each
weighing 54 tons! (JW The blocks vary quite a bit in

The engineering world has long puzzled over the
question of how those huge blocks were cut so precisely
and lifted and put into place, and I marvelled at how
smoothly they still fitted together, after all these centuries!
Our scientists have already begun to suspect that
this great edifice was built through the application of
higher laws than any we have heretofore known.

Mr. X verified these findings when he told me that
the stones were lifted by the use of Universal Laws and
by the forces of nature, which can even cause iron to
float. Obviously the ancients could make use of these
laws to neutralize gravity and thus render the stones
weightless. The Great Pyramids, then, were built by
levitation of the stones!

We had only just arrived but, already, my mind was
buzzing with fascinating new thoughts.

I saw that tours for visitors were being conducted
through the Pyramid, but we did not join these groups.
Instead we went off in a different direction, and shortly
I realized that we were alone. We went down through
many subterranean corridors and made several turns
as we walked along. In one corridor I notice off-shoot
passages leading into it, but we passed them by. I am
six feet, two inches tall, and some of the passages were
low enough that it was necessary to stoop in order to
get through. There were signs about, warning people
to watch out for low ceilings.

As we followed Mr. X, he seemed to have a specific
destination in mind, rather than taking us merely on a
sight-seeing tour. I was absorbed in my thoughts, but no
amount of imagination on my part could have prepared
me for the startling revelation which was soon to confront
us! I don't know whether or not the ladies knew
what we were going to see, but I suspect they did.

Presently Mr. X pulled out a small pencil-like light and
flashed it against a section of blank wall in the corridor.
Imagine my surprise when a heavy stone door, about
three feet thick, opened gradually, just enough to let
us pass through. Before it opened its outlines had not
been perceptible at all.

As we passed through the secret door and it closed
slowly behind us, we entered a corridor about seven
feet high and five feet wide. It was very dark and I saw
no signs at all. As we started to walk two abreast down
the corridor (approximately 60 feet long), Mr. X flashed
his light into the darkness and a room at the end
gradually filled with light. Later I recalled that
there had been no odor of mustiness, which one
might usually expect in a room which had been closed
for a long time.

The Mr. X made a statement which completely
dumbfounded me. He said that this was the first time
the secret door had been opened for over two-thousand
years, and that he, Mr. X, had been the last person to
close it! I was faced with the staggering thought that
he was over two thousand years old! I must have stared
hard at him. It was difficult for me to comprehend. he
seemed to be no more that forty or forty-five.

I really don't know how to describe the feelings that
overcame me. I was completely awake and more alert
and aware than I have ever been in my life, and I
knew that this was a true experience! To say that I felt
awe in the presence of this simple man, who was so
wise, so powerful and yet so unassuming a being
is indeed an understatement. I do not yet know why
he revealed to an ordinary Earth man a secret that has
been hidden from the world since the crucifixion of

With an effort I force my mind to dwell on our present
surrounding. It was then I realized that we stood
in a triangular room, and before us was the smallest
Spaceship I had yet seen. It was circular and about 60
feet in diameter. It could best be described as looking
like two saucer-shaped metal plates welded together
at the outer rims. It was similar in shape to many which
have been reportedly seen by Earth people, although
most of the sightings have been of larger craft. There
was a door on the curve of the lower plate with two
steps leading into the ship. We entered, and again I
was stunned at what I saw.

There stood a huge wooden cross of what looked like
dark red wood. The heavy pieces dovetailed into each
other and were held together with wooden spikes. In
the end of each crosspiece was a spike hole, and down
low on the main beam was a footrest, in which there
were also spike holes. I was overwhelmed with the
significance of what had happened on that cross, such a
long time ago. I was thoroughly shaken... and feelings
of horror and pity swept over me.

On a table nearby I saw a pair of sandals and a
robe, which was an eggshell white, linen-like material. I
winced as I saw a crown of thorns beside it. My friends
did not need to explain to me Who had worn those garments.
I felt heavy with sadness at the thought of man's
savagery which had taken so many forms through the
ages, and which, unfortunately, is still rampant.

The circular room of the sip had a desk in the center,
with what looked like control panels on one side.
There were also several chairs and a small davenport,
all of an antique style. One large chair, plain wood
without upholstering, had arms and a high back. Mr.
X told me that --sus sat in that chair when He was
taken to His home planet in that very Spaceship!

Resting on dark wood tables were several circular
stone bowls which were filled with precious stones of
different sizes and shapes. There were diamonds as big
around as quarters! For a moment I though how I'd
like to have a handful. Mr. X immediately read my
thought and remarked, "They would only bring you
trouble." Then he told me that the jewels had been the
gifts of the Wise Men.

There were bolts of beautiful silks and linens, along
with objects made of gold, silver, copper and onyx. I
noticed some long staffs, also, like the ones which are
used by shepherds as the tend sheep. Mr. X said that
all of these things will someday day be on display for all
the people of Earth to see.

He went on to explain that "Jes-- left the Earth in a
Spaceship, the very one in which you now stand. He
did ascend into the clouds, as people claimed He did,
and as has been done by many others who understood
the Laws of Levitation and Anti-gravity. The Spaceships
of old were able, as are those today, to condense the
moisture in the atmosphere so as to form clouds around
them which would obscure them from view. This was
the case with the ship which J--us entered and which
then transported Him to the planet Venus."

Then, as he continued, I was again startled at the
disclosure that Mr. X was the man who had accompanied
J--us in his ship on His home flight! Then Mr. X had
returned the ship to Earth, to be placed in that tomb
until the time when people would be ready to accept
it's astounding significance. That will be when more
minds are attuned to Universal Laws and Truths, which
will automatically relegate many false legends and
ideas to the dark ages.

In the northeast corner of the little ship stood a desk
on which there were thirty-two tablets of a heavy-quality
paper, rather dark in color. It looked like papyrus,
the parchment paper used by the people of olden
times to record important data. They were about eighteen
inches across, when open. I had expected to see
some ancient language or symbols recorded on these
parchments, but imagine my surprise when I found the
events of the past, present, and future there described
in modern day English, in black ink and written in a
beautiful longhand. As I leafed through them, I notice
that the pages seemed to be sewn together. Strangely
enough, the records were not musty or even dusty, yet
the room was not a vacuum. We could breathe easily,
although there was no indication of a source of air.

The tablets told of events of the past, from the beginning
of the world to 1958. From 1958, they stated,
there would be development of an unusual nature in
many ways, until 1998. That period would be a "preparation
for the coming of the Master." The end of this
present Earth cycle, it was indicated, will be 1998.

Mr. X went on to tell us that there were other records
buried in different underground areas that have
never yet been revealed, and which pertain to the time
beyond 1998. I learned, also, that there was another
door leading from the room in which the Spaceship
stood, but Mr. X didn't say when it would be opened
...or by whom.

We had been inside the Spaceship for about two
hours when my friends asked me if I wanted to make
any more notes. (Fortunately, Mr. X had suggested that
I might want to bring along some note paper, and how
right he was) I had made numerous notes and I replied
that I thought I had taken down everything I needed
to, and Mr. X said, "Alright, we'll leave then."

Part 4.

John Winston.

Subject: More Of The Book. Part 5 of 5. Jan. 12, 1998.

This is the last part of the book called The Reinhold O. Schmidt
Story by Reinhold O. Schmidt.


We had been inside the small ship, we stood
again on the crackless stone floor, surrounded by the
white limestone wall. I took a last look about me and,
in doing so, I noticed that the ceiling was curved, rather
than flat. Coming again to the end of the corridor, Mr.
X flashed his little "pencil-light" toward the wall and
the huge door opened again or us. As we went through
into the corridor beyond, I looked back just in time to
see the light within the Spaceship go softly out. The
whole room was again in darkness as the great secret
door closed behind us.

When we reached the surface again, we blinked for
a few moments in the bright desert sun. The shadows
were deepening, and my mind and heart were full. I
didn't feel like talking and, fortunately, my companions
understood. We got into the MG and, with a lingering
look at the imposing structure arising from the sand, we
drove back to the waiting Spaceship among the dunes.

Home, By Way of Russia

Our homeward route took us over the Soviet Union,
where I found out what the Saturians had meant when
they had said earlier that that they would interfere, if
necessary, with our continued use of atomic bombs. At
the time i had remarked that the Earth people are quite
stubborn, and asked how they would be able to stop
them? They replied that they might have to do the
same thing that was necessary with Russia: "just slap
one back in your face!"

Now I could see most graphically what hey meant. I
saw a bomb-devastated area in Siberia. It was a hideous
black scar several hundred miles long. There was
absolutely nothing left in that desolate waste to indicate
that here had recently been human and animal life
there...Not a trace remained of former homes and
the buildings, nor of trees, birds and flowers. This,
then, was what had happened when one of Russia's
bombs fell back on her own territory. Heaven forbid
that we should bring such disaster upon ourselves!

There was nothing in the papers about that colossal
catastrophe, but it was shortly after it happened that
we quit testing A-Bombs. According to the Sny other thing
about him please let me know.

Part 5 of 5.

John Winston.

Back to document index

Original file name: Man Who Contacted The SpaceŠ

This file was converted with TextToHTML - (c) Logic n.v.